Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Queen Mab


     Today in English class, we finished reading Romeo and Juliet. My class consists of mainly ludicrous buffoons which leaves me and a few others to read the entire script. I played Romeo, Juliet, Mercutio, and Friar Laurence. Mercutio has a speech in which he is making fun of Romeo's dreams of love and speaks of a 'Queen Mab', who is, from my understanding, a woman of some sort. Her name for some reason reminds me of a spider. Maybe it is because I play World of Warcraft where there are lots of spider queens to kill, or maybe because the name "Mab" is eerie and slimy sounding. Who knows.

     This picture reminds me of Queen Mab and the dream-like state that Mercutio describes - the blackness behind the focal point seems never ending and the web looks dangerous and mysterious.

No comments:

Post a Comment