Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Crazy HDR Photography


     Yesterday, I found out for the first time what HDR meant.  I achieved High Dynamic Range by taking multiple photos of the same subject with different exposures (amount of light). Then, in a program called Nik that I just got today, I mashed the photos together and turned the saturation (color extremity) a little bit and voila! The eye can see about 10 exposures of light at the same time, while a camera can only see about 3. That is the reason why many of the photos that we take seem much more dull and flat than we saw originally. By combining different pictures with different exposures, you can get more exposures in one picture than you could normally.





1 comment:

  1. I had no idea---- beautiful detail in this shot. You can feel the burning sun!

    ReplyDelete