Friday, June 6, 2014

Baby Birds With Mohawks and Their Possible Demise


     Today, I was wandering around tracking this bird who was abnormally friendly, taking pictures. I followed it around until it flew inside a large gas tank beside the house. While it was flying, I noticed a worm in it's mouth. I went a little closer and heard high pitched squeaks and whines. Meanwhile, my cat Steve was prowling about, he looked like a tiger ready to pounce. I followed his line of sight and saw a bundle of sticks and leaves. Sure enough, I see three baby birds and it's mother inside! The mother flies away, however, since the babies can't fly, they stayed put. I took out my camera and started taking pictures. I had to guess a little on the focal point because since it was so dark inside, I couldn't use auto-focus. While I am trying to focus on the babies manually, the mother is sitting nearby in a tree screaming it's butt off at me! I finally get the picture I want and get ready to head inside. Steve, aloof as always, is getting ready to slaughter the birds like it's his morning routine. He jumps in mid air and I catch him right before he gets inside of the gas tank (about four or five feet tall). The birds are safe now and here are the shots I got of the birds and of Steve;


This one has a mohawk! ^


Steve getting ready to attack ^

1 comment: